Comfort Is Key!


Comfort Is Key!

Hi guys and welcome back to blog number 3! 😃 OR welcome if you've stumbled across this, hopefully it doesn't bore you to tears and you find it a smidge interesting 😊

This weeks topic is Active Wear (or Lounge Wear) as its so effing comfy ladies and gents! My friend told me that I swear too much (shout out to Shannon - check out her lil business; Daisy Chain Creations on Facebook/Insta!) so I'm trying to reign it in, hence 'effing' - that's bloody good for me! Bloody is not swearing! 😆
Anyway.. I will highlight what is a MUST wear and will provide reviews on a few brands I have tried throughout the years. PLUS a discount code for my fav brand.. who doesn't love a freebie?! I'll wait 😆

To make things simple, lets start from the top!

Sports Bras

Gents, you can skip this bit (or not 😂) as its all about the boobies!
Sports bras are a MUST ladies, you need to support the girls big or small. When purchasing one you will find that they are all padded, this provides extra support to those who have big boobies. For those who are part of the itty bitty titty committee ✋ you can remove these and the bra is just as supportive (in my opinion). However, you should keep these pads as the more you wear and wash the sports bra I have found that the material tends to slack. I first started getting mine from Primark - cheap and cheerful! BUT after 5 washes they go to shit as the structure disintegrates due to poor quality, resulting in little to no support, same goes for Longsdale. I'm not saying you shouldn't purchase but if you're wanting to do a HIIT workout these are no good. Perfect for walking and yoga though! Again, this is just my opinion. 
On the other hand, My Protein sports bras are so comfy and maintain their shape despite how many washes. The support is like no other so I would recommend these! 💯

Tops

Personally, I don't use a specific brand or type of top (I think they're a waste of money tbh) as something you own can be just as comfy. Saying that, if you want to go on a run/jog I recommend getting something breathable and light. My Protein have a great selection that are breathable, lightweight and sweat resistant (thats right!). I currently own one top from their selection and I found it in the men's section; their choice is so much better! So ladies, wherever you shop check the men's!

Leggings

This is where my expertise comes in.. 💁 I have tried sooo many leggings; different types, textures and brands and up until recently they were all crap. I tried USA Pro, Karrimor, Lonsdale the list goes on and each one started off great but after a few gym classes (and comments) they were just 'boo hockey..' If you know you know 😂
USA Pro have different styles that are comfy and breathable as well as affordable. The same goes for Lonsdale. However, I often got comments about the material and how thin it was. Every time I bent over you could see the knickers and that's the last thing anyone wants. It's embarrassing and made me self-conscious.. 'Are these people looking at my ass?' 'Can they see my knickers?' The amount of times I asked Luis if he could see them, I annoyed myself just as much as him 😂 Because the material was thin, I gradually started to get holes in them too. Just when I thought I couldn't be more self-conscious 😧😭 The thing that irritated me the most was the lack of support. Girls, these leggings are not good to do HIIT training and running as I found myself pulling them up every 2 mins! You want and need some leggings that are going to support the mid-drift area at all times. You don't want to keep worrying about them falling down when doing exercise as you'll not put your all in and you'll just end up bailing out.  I had trouble finding a pair until I came across My Protein. Can you tell it's my favourite brand? 😂 This isn't an AD I swear! My protein leggings are so effing comfortable as the material is so thick, yet they are breathable. Somehow they have got the balance just right! They are flattering as they hold you in, they don't fall down when doing vigorous exercise and you can't see any pant lines! 🙌 NO MORE COMMENTS! Plus, they hide sweat marks due to the 2 colour tones they use! The ones I use are part of the 'Curve' range. I loved the black pair so much that I went and got the red. In terms of prices, they can be a bit expensive but they always have discount codes available and offers so they are affordable. Comparing the prices against Gymshark, they are cheap! They are an investment. 



Trainers

Last but not least, trainers. Just like the leggings, it's important to get the right shoes for you. Everyone has different shaped feet. What I recommend may not be suitable for you, therefore, it is important to go and try before you buy. Avoid buying shoes online, especially if you have not owned a previous pair. A great place to start is Sports Direct - you can't go wrong as they have so much to offer and are affordable. I have one foot slightly wider than the other, so runners shoes are a no go but I found that Reebok and Adidas are good. The insoles really support the bridge of my foot so for those that need the extra support, I recommend giving those brands a try 😊

Now for the bit you have probably all been waiting for; the discount code! So if or when you purchase something(s) from My Protein worth £35 or more you will receive 3 months FREE next day delivery. The code to use is ALICE-R7VN at https://www.myprotein.com. Happy Shopping! 🛍

I hope the topic on Active Wear has been useful and that you keep these little things in mind when you shop for your next piece! Invest in yourself!
Have a lovely week guys! 😊

Alice ❤















Comments

Post a Comment